Frequently Asked Questions
- Is DD24/7 a taxi Service?
- No. DD24/7 is a Designated Driver service that provides you with a safe ride home in your own car. Members are not permitted to ride in DD24/7 support vehicle.
- If I Join, How Often Can I Use the Service?
- As often as you need to. DD24/7 is on call for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- How long will I wait when I call for a pick-up?
- Wait time from call to pick up is typically less than 30 minutes.
- Is Your Service Discreet?
- Yes, we are a private firm that guards your privacy and your information.
- What If I Drive a Motorcycle? Can You Get Me and My Bike Home Safely?
- Yes. We have experienced motorcycle drivers who will retrieve and deliver your bike home safe.
- Can I Call if I Don’t Have A Car?
- Our service was created to help members avoid driving after drinking. We are not a taxi service and customers are not allowed to ride in DD24/7 support vehicles.
OUR POLICY ON GUESTS
- Will You Drive My Guests Home Too?
- Yes. As long as your or your guests tip the driver appropriately. (Please refer to tipping section.)
- How Many of My Guests Will You Take Home?
- As long as every guests can travel in your car safely with a seat belt (including our driver), we are happy to see them home safely before we drive you and your car home. Don’t forget: the driver should be tipped for each guest.
- Do You Run Background Checks On Your Drivers?
- Yes. We recognize that your car is an extension of your personal space. Accordingly, in addition to being trained, licensed and insured, all our drivers are must pass background checks and submit to random drug testing.
- What’s Your Policy on Tipping?
- Anyone using the service is required to pay a minimum Team Tip of $40.
- How Do Your Drivers Get Paid?
- Our drivers work only for tips (and they work in teams of two) so make sure you take good care of them. If your ride home includes multiple stops or a long distance you should increase your tip accordingly.
- I Spent All My Cash At The Bar. Can I Put The Tip On A Credit Card?
- Team Tips may be paid to the driver in cash, or by credit card.
- Do My Guests Have to Tip?
- Yes, each guest that is dropped off is expected to tip the driver.
- Is My Personal Information Kept Confidential?
- Absolutely. We understand the importance of privacy to our clients. That’s why we only hire drivers who understand this aspect of our service and are willing to sign a Member’s Privacy Protection agreement and a confidentiality agreement.
- What Happens if I Call DD24/7 And Then Have to Cancel?
- If you call for a safe ride home and then wish to cancel or fail to be there, a $50 “No Show” fee will be billed to you.
- What Happens if I Have to Cancel My Contract With Your Company Before the Term is Over?
- If you are unhappy with our service for any reason, you may cancel within the first 30 days. If you signed up for monthly payments, your card will not be charged further. If you paid in advance, you will be reimbursed—minus the first month.